Xcode assistant editor won't show some of the code
First of all, I would like you to know that the class IS set to the correct file in each
ViewController – I know that because it did work before, but then I got a “crash” in Xcode that blinked quickly without me being able to read it before it went off again.
MY PROBLEM IS:
I have a lot of
ViewControllers in my Xcode, everything was working fine, I was making some more features to the
Assistant editor just said: No Assistant Results. Then I read that I could just show the files inside my XCode project and delete
project.xcworkplace and xcuserdata. And I thought it worked at first, but it did not work on every viewcontroller unfortunately – only on some of them.
Now, I still have plenty of
ViewControllers left to edit that aren’t working, and I would hate if I had to recreate every single one.
Does anyone have a better solution to this? I really hope you do 🙂
4 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Xcode assistant editor won't show some of the code”
There was some related answer but I can’t find it. Anyhow: what I do to fix it is to uncheck the Target Membership in the File Inspector for the XIB and then turn it on again. That fixes the issue (in most cases) for me.
Also try restarting/clearing the different caches of XCode.
Make sure you set
I was similarly not able to view code/classes relating to the View Controller. In my particular case, it appears i might have caused the issue- I turned OFF Indexing because Xcode was running terribly slow and around that time I started getting the issue and the message “No assistant results”.
To resolve this in my case, I turned indexing back ON and set the Assistant editor to “Automatic”.
To turn Indexing On or Off, open up the Terminal using either of the below commands-
Turn Indexing OFF:
defaults write com.apple.dt.XCode IDEIndexDisable 1
Turn Indexing ON :
defaults write com.apple.dt.XCode IDEIndexDisable 0
From accepted answer regarding Indexing: Stopping xcode from indexing
- Open project.
- Click on “Show the assistant editor”.(top right side middle button – circle shape)
- Code was show after do second step.
- XCode: Build Failed, but no error messages
- Xamarin iOS Simulator running old code
- Swift core data does not store the data permanently
- Chat send animation like iMessage
- Is this Core Graphics code thread safe?
- Upload more than one file on FTP
- How to show detailed info inside NSLog in CoreData? suggest me a solution
- Get larger facebook image through firebase login
- How can I rotate an UIImageView in Interface Builder?
- Allow tapping anywhere on an annotation callout without a callout accessory view
- How To Avoid iOS Blue Location NavigationBar Messing Up My StatusBar?
- OpenCV Framework: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
- Signer not valid error
- NSTimer Accuracy