Xcode crashes when I open a specific XIB file
I had a
XIB file which worked fine until today – when I try to open it in Xcode, the beachball appears and after 1 minute Xcode crashes. Others
XIBs work just fine. Also, if I just build and run the project right to my device, its also work (and XIB works at the app).
Here is the error message:
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 Application Specific Information: ProductBuildVersion: 4G1004 ASSERTION FAILURE in /SourceCache/IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouch/IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouch-1929/IBPlugin/Utilities/IBObjectMarshalling.m:651 Details: Failed to arbitrate IBNSLayoutConstraint, IBUIButton, IBUIImageView, IBUILabel, IBUITextField, and IBUIView. Interface Builder encountered an error communicating with the iOS Simulator. If you choose to file a crash report or radar for this issue, please check Console.app for crash reports for "Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool" and include their content in your crash report. Exception name: NSInternalInconsistencyException
I will appreciate any ideas and thoughts!
- How to load custom cell ( xib) in UICollectionView cell using swift
- How to convert a project using XIBs to Storyboard?
- iOS: disable UI mirroring in XIB
- Accessing “text styles” in Interface Builder and/or Storyboards
- No Visible View in Custom Table View Cell
- Objective C, Thread 1 Program Received Signal SIGABRT
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Xcode crashes when I open a specific XIB file”
Are you using the autoLayout Property ? Uncheck the checkbox that says Use AutoLayout and it should work fine. Unchecking this and then saving the file seems to fix the problem for me earlier. check this link for further details Xcode Interface Builder crashes when I edit storyboard
If Xcode crashes as soon as you click on the xib file, you won’t be able to uncheck Use AutoLayout. Here’s how you can change it:
- Right-click on the .xib file in the Project Navigator
- Choose Open As… > Source Code
- Find this line towards the end:
- Save File
- Right-click on the .xib file again in the Project Navigator
- Choose Open As… > Interface Builder – iOS
- What is NSAssert1?
- How to display time in 12 Hours format in Objective c
- Change UIButton border color on highlight
- Instantiate View Controller from Storyboard vs. Creating New Instance
- Custom navigation bar
- Memory leak detection tools
- Bluetooth Low Energy – updating a characteristic value repeatedly
- Is it possible to turn off the dial assist feature in iOS programmatically?
- How to check a uiviewcontroller is present in uinavigationcontroller stack
- where is the plugins folder of xcode 6.1
- How to properly implement a Services class into my iOS application?
- Detect SIM card replacement
- UIImage from bytes held in NSString
- MKOverlay not resizing smoothly
- How to display image on UIImageView using URL and NSString in ios?