Xcode crashes when I open a specific XIB file
I had a
XIB file which worked fine until today – when I try to open it in Xcode, the beachball appears and after 1 minute Xcode crashes. Others
XIBs work just fine. Also, if I just build and run the project right to my device, its also work (and XIB works at the app).
Here is the error message:
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 Application Specific Information: ProductBuildVersion: 4G1004 ASSERTION FAILURE in /SourceCache/IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouch/IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouch-1929/IBPlugin/Utilities/IBObjectMarshalling.m:651 Details: Failed to arbitrate IBNSLayoutConstraint, IBUIButton, IBUIImageView, IBUILabel, IBUITextField, and IBUIView. Interface Builder encountered an error communicating with the iOS Simulator. If you choose to file a crash report or radar for this issue, please check Console.app for crash reports for "Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool" and include their content in your crash report. Exception name: NSInternalInconsistencyException
I will appreciate any ideas and thoughts!
- Atos cannot get symbols from dSYM of archived application
- Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
- How to track crash in IOS5?
- App terminating due to uncaught exception NSUnknownKey Exception , key value not coding compliant
- How do I tell iOS that I do not want the app to stay in the background?
- iOS app crashes, xcode says 'Lost connection to X's iPhone' when debugging
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Xcode crashes when I open a specific XIB file”
Are you using the autoLayout Property ? Uncheck the checkbox that says Use AutoLayout and it should work fine. Unchecking this and then saving the file seems to fix the problem for me earlier. check this link for further details Xcode Interface Builder crashes when I edit storyboard
If Xcode crashes as soon as you click on the xib file, you won’t be able to uncheck Use AutoLayout. Here’s how you can change it:
- Right-click on the .xib file in the Project Navigator
- Choose Open As… > Source Code
- Find this line towards the end:
- Save File
- Right-click on the .xib file again in the Project Navigator
- Choose Open As… > Interface Builder – iOS
- Swift Enumeration order and comparison
- Swift reusable UITextFieldDelegate
- Xcode 8 Swift 3 Pitch-altering sounds
- how to use nsdateformatter to Venezuela
- UIPickerView selectRow doesn't works
- Universal iPhone/iPad application debug compilation error for iPhone testing
- PFQueryTableViewController in swift not loading data
- Trim trailing spaces in Xcode
- How to rotate sub-views around their own centres?
- Setting up UIScrollView to swipe between 3 view controllers
- Fetching JSON data after failed retrieval
- iOS: playing a frame-by-frame greyscale animation in a custom colour
- Accessing user defined variables passed in from xcodebuild command line
- Singleton in iOS Objective C doesn't prevent more than one instance
- Access container view child properties swift