Xcode crashes when I open a specific XIB file
I had a
XIB file which worked fine until today – when I try to open it in Xcode, the beachball appears and after 1 minute Xcode crashes. Others
XIBs work just fine. Also, if I just build and run the project right to my device, its also work (and XIB works at the app).
Here is the error message:
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 Application Specific Information: ProductBuildVersion: 4G1004 ASSERTION FAILURE in /SourceCache/IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouch/IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouch-1929/IBPlugin/Utilities/IBObjectMarshalling.m:651 Details: Failed to arbitrate IBNSLayoutConstraint, IBUIButton, IBUIImageView, IBUILabel, IBUITextField, and IBUIView. Interface Builder encountered an error communicating with the iOS Simulator. If you choose to file a crash report or radar for this issue, please check Console.app for crash reports for "Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool" and include their content in your crash report. Exception name: NSInternalInconsistencyException
I will appreciate any ideas and thoughts!
- Why does simple website crash on mobile (iOS Safari and Chrome, at least)?
- App Crashes From ipa file but runs fine from Xcode?
- Xcode assistant editor won't show some of the code
- Distinguish between an iPhone App crashing and being killed
- In App Purchase causes occasional crash
- NSDictionary: method only defined for abstract class. My app crashed
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Xcode crashes when I open a specific XIB file”
Are you using the autoLayout Property ? Uncheck the checkbox that says Use AutoLayout and it should work fine. Unchecking this and then saving the file seems to fix the problem for me earlier. check this link for further details Xcode Interface Builder crashes when I edit storyboard
If Xcode crashes as soon as you click on the xib file, you won’t be able to uncheck Use AutoLayout. Here’s how you can change it:
- Right-click on the .xib file in the Project Navigator
- Choose Open As… > Source Code
- Find this line towards the end:
- Save File
- Right-click on the .xib file again in the Project Navigator
- Choose Open As… > Interface Builder – iOS
- Stable ShareKit fork recommendation?
- UITableview Scroll erases data in text field inside UITableviewcell
- What's the Best Way to Shuffle an NSMutableArray?
- TextField Autocompletion with JSON Response
- UIWebView LoadData is not accepting Nil values for textEncodingName and baseURL
- What does CG_INLINE do?
- Dynamically change the section header text on a static cell
- Determining programmatically what modules are loaded in another process? (OS X)
- Animating custom UIView in swift static error
- iOS – indexPathForRowAtPoint don't return correct indexPath with different cell height
- How To Create A Gallery on iOS
- xcode 8.3 error: The specified item could not be found in the keychain
- Swift inputAccessoryView override bug
- Could not build Objective-C module 'TwitterKit'
- NSUserDefaults in iOS Playground