Xcode debugger (lldb) get object description from memory address
Little-known fact: It is now possible, in Xcode, while paused in the debugger, to introspect the notification center to learn what objects are registered to receive what notifications:
(lldb) po NotificationCenter.default <NSNotificationCenter:0x6040000d40b0> Name, Object, Observer, Options com.apple.accessibility.reduce.motion.status, 0x10b126190, 0x7fc795700140, 1001 com.apple.accessibility.asst.scanner.status, 0x10b126190, 0x7fc795700140, 1001 // ... etc. ...
Very nice, but how do I get from the memory address
0x7fc795700140 to learning what object that is?
- Weird error message in Xcode 4.3 with LLDB
- LLDB display of NSDate is inconsistent?
- Xcode LLDB watchpoints
- How do I set an lldb watchpoint on a property of self.view?
- How to print out a property's contents using Xcode debugger?
- lldb fails to print variable values with “error: reference to 'id' is ambiguous”
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Xcode debugger (lldb) get object description from memory address”
po works for addresses (In Objective-C/Mac context, at least)
(lldb) po [NSNotificationCenter defaultCenter]
NSWindowDidResizeNotification, 0x7fff9a0e98e0, 0x6100001246a0, 1400
(lldb) po 0x6100001246a0
The Swift equivalent of Phillip’s answer is:
(lldb) expr -l objc -O -- 0x7fc795700140 <UIApplication: 0x7fc795700140>
- Application Loader: ERROR ITMS-90502
- Anyway to remove fade when using CATransition between 2 views?
- IOS 8 UITableView self-sizing cells jump/shift visually when a new view controller is pushed
- swift 3.0 multiple selection with select all cell
- Is there a “best practice” for Organization in Xcode 4?
- How to name a back button in UISplitViewController
- How to deal with inconsistent Chinese maps on iOS 6?
- Pre-load core data database in iOS 5 with UIManagedDocument
- Comparing time in NSDate
- Basics Introduction To Using CHCSVParser
- Undefined symbols for architecture i386: _OBJC_CLASS_$_SKPSMTPMessage”, referenced from: error
- iphone MPMoviePlayerViewController CGContext Errors
- iOS app with custom VPN connect
- Swift Package Manager – UIKit Dependency
- Adding NSCoding as an Extension