Xcode Instruments unable to take snapshots of leaks when running on device
Recently I have not been able to test for leaks with Instruments when running apps on a device. Instruments will attempt to take a snapshot but the status will freeze at “Analyzing Process”. At first I thought it was just taking it’s time but I have waited over 20 minutes for it and had no luck. It does still work fine on the simulator though.
So far I have tried:
– Using other devices with different ios versions
– Restarting all devices
– Updating Xcode to latest version
– Running a number of different apps
– Turning automatic snapshots off and trying manually
Unfortunately none of the above made any difference and I’m running out of ideas aside from reinstalling Instruments if possible.
Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this?
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Xcode Instruments unable to take snapshots of leaks when running on device”
I also have the same issue and I have fixed it by adding a Developer Profile of my project.
You have to add a Developer Profile of your project in Organizer and set Build Setting -> Code Signing to Developer Profile. After that you can see the Leaks in Instrument.
Also had this problem after a recent XCode update, and my scheme for Profiling was set to use the Build Configuration of “Release” when it needed to be “Debug” – which allowed the analysis to complete.
Would you mind mentioning your XCode version? I had a same issue but after upgrading to XCode 4.5.1 its working fine. Also you can try one old hack – tabbing between Instruments and Xcode (it works sometimes).
- Clicking a link in UIWebView pushes onto the NavigationView stack
- apns http2 api not returning status 410 after uninstalling app
- Modifing one variable from another view controller swift
- iPhone — is it possible to inspect the frame of a UIView in the Xcode debugger?
- Storyboard reference in Xcode, where should we use it?
- Localized App Icon for iOS apps
- Swift-Application with Login and offlinemodus
- Handling private frameworks in Xcode ≥ 7.3
- How to change PFUser password in Swift?
- iOS Are methods called by delegates and observers executed on the main thread?
- Passing touch events to iOS status bar
- POST multiple json objects in Alamofire POST method – Swift/IOS
- How to create dispatch queue in Swift 3
- UITapGestureRecognizer sender is the gesture, not the ui object
- UILocalNotification custom soundName only vibrates phone when alertBody is specified (unlike UILocalNotificationDefaultSoundName)?